Subject: Re: Moving to struct timespec in the kernel.
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/22/2005 16:11:51
In message <6.1.2.0.2.20050222155130.04eda440@localhost>,
Matt Thomas writes:

[...]

>>I'd add one caveat: can you leave select(2) as a syscall?
>
>I could but i don't really think it's needed.

[...]

>I created pollcommon and selectcommon which do
>the majority of the work.
>
>For instance, sys_select is reduced to:

Hey thanks, that looks great. (I was hoping it'd be that easy :-/).
I'd still prefer an in-kernel select(2), but if we don't have to copy
the fdsets (I don't see any reason to, do you?), it's not worth
arguing about.

Any thoughts on forking out the body of kevent() to support either a
timespec version, or a FreeBSD/i386-ABI emulation?