Subject: Re: selnotify: knhint?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2005 16:40:07
der Mouse wrote:
> However, I am unable to find documentation which describes suitable
> values for knhint.  knote(9) says that that argument "is used to pass
> in additional information, which may not be present in the data
> structure that the filter examines", which offers little to no guidance
> in selecting a value.  I also see nothing that helps in determining
> whether mine is one of the exceptional cases when calling selwakeup()
> is right.

It's a flag passed to the device kevent filter. Use whatever you
want for it. You probably want to always use selnotify(), unless
your device never plans support for kevents.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-