Subject: Re: ACPI suspend support.
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2005 16:18:52
At 03:56 PM 1/25/2005, Jason Thorpe wrote:

>On Jan 25, 2005, at 3:35 PM, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>
>>I think we should extend struct cfdriver with a powerstate
>>function.  If it is left as NULL nothing will get called,
>>otherwise it will get called when the power state changes.
>
>struct cfattach (the power management capabilities are somewhat
>bus-dependent), but yah, I agree with this approach.

Well, you almost want the driver to soft-detach, and then go
through autoconf again on power-on giving preferences to those
things that soft-detached.

You have other issues like cleaning and dismounting filesystems
but automounting and renewing opened files when coming back.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/