Subject: Re: Getting "TLB IPI rendezvous failed..."
To: Stephan Uphoff <ups@tree.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/20/2005 13:40:48
On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 12:46:13AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Well, a current kernel paniced too, when the amanda backup started.
> Unfortunably I forgot to set ddb.onpanic to 1, so I don't know how it
> paniced (I just know thw box rebooted). I will enable ddb for the
> next amanda run.

Here it is. Still pipe related, but what the second CPU was doinG at the
same time is interesting:

CPU 1 (the one that paniced):
panic()
pmap_tlb_shootnow()
pamp_kremove()
pipe_direct_write()
pipe_write()

CPU 0:
_kenrel_lock()
intr_biglock_wrapper()
Xintr_ioapic_edge15()
Xspllower()
_kernel_lock()
x86_softintrlock()
Xsoftclock()

I just noticed that I didn't have lockdebug enabled in this kernel :(
I'll install a new one for the next panic.

> BTW, memory isn't an issue on this box. It has 1Gb RAM, there is always
> at last 200-300MB free. Even the buffer cache won't eat it all, and
> the backup use dump on the raw device.

I had top running when it paniced. It had about 500MB free. It's not
a memory shortage issue.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>