Subject: Re: USB emul under Linux
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/19/2005 11:47:18
Hi !

M. Warner Losh a écrit :

> The ugen interface and the linux interfaces are fairly different.  In
> addition, Linux's usb stack behaves somewhat differently than NetBSD's
> stack, so doing a perfect emulation would be somewhat different.  The
> treatment of pipes is somewhat different and would present the biggest
> problems...

Okay.

In some way, the libusb is precisely meant to hide these differences.
Wherefore, a new question : is it possible to design a special libusb
which, even though being a Linux type library, would translate into
native NetBSD kernel USB calls.

Or should I implement a fake socket type Linux libusb, whose calls would
be caught by a BSD demon listening on some port, who would then call the
true libusb, and report the results ?

Vincent