Subject: Re: Verizon 1xevdo (Wireless Broadband card)
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/18/2005 14:32:55
Lennart Augustsson wrote:

>Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good driver to have.
>
>But if this is the start for a driver for your device
>I think the name should indicate that, even if it looks
>generic now.

Ah, no.  This is the start of a driver that will be similar to
Linux's ``Generic USB Serial'' Driver which I am hoping that with
a few sysctl's will be a reasonable fall back for serial-like
devices for which we do not have a specific driver.

If I get programming specs for the Verizon card, I will start a
new driver for it since it has additional functionality.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/