Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 crashing in lstat(2) over NFS
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/04/2005 03:54:56
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 07:25:21 -0500
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> I am getting occasional crashes which I can quite effectively
> reproduce when creating alot of file I/O load using either
> locate.updatedb or a cvs update of a rather large tree, while at the
> same time causing lstat() calls to an nfs server via a remotely
> mounted filesystem.

With appreciated help of Chuck Silvers, the problem could be isolated
into the NQNFS code (i.e. when using the -q switch to mount_nfs).  The
crashes indeed stopped to occur since I stopped using this feature.  I
will probably fill in a PR about this, the feature should probably at
least be marked experimental/bogus in 2.1 if the problem couldn't be
fixed since then...

Matt