Subject: Re: Moving ethfoo in the main tree
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/2004 16:54:03
--BQPnanjtCNWHyqYD

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 04:46:00PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 10:33:28AM +0100, cube@cubidou.net wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > I believe my ethfoo device has reached the point where it is useful
> > enough (notably with qemu) it could be in the main part of tree, rather
> > than a not built LKM.  There are a few points I need to address before
> > that, though.
>=20
> BTW, I didn't try it nor read the source, but what do you get on
> the emulator side ? Only the payload of the ethernet frame, or the comple=
te
> frame ?
> In the case of an emulator, I guess we want to read/inject a complete
> ethernet frame.

A complete frame.  That's what the emulator expect (as it emulates a NE2000
device).

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--BQPnanjtCNWHyqYD

--BQPnanjtCNWHyqYD--