Subject: Re: [cube@cubidou.net: Re: Moving ethfoo in the main tree]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/2004 13:50:23
--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 01:16:14PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> >Using bridge(4) over two ethfoo(4) should work.  It's actually an
> >interesting test to do, I'll try that by tonight.
> >
> >Making it possible for ethfoo to do bridging would introduce a lot of
> >complexity (it would have to know a lot about Ethernet).
>=20
> If "manual" bridge setup via bridge(4) would work, that'd be absolute ok.
> I have no idea what simh-vax does to get this all going.

I confirm it works as expected.  And this is a case where using the
cloning device is less useful:  creating the bridge and ethfoo
interfaces beforewards is much simpler.

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--