Subject: Re: Ideas on the audio framework
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/12/2004 23:02:07
--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 02:50:08PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> In article <20041212190540.GU5287@che.ojctech.com>,
> 	dyoung@pobox.com (David Young) writes:
> >=20
> > Can you state *quite explicitly* what xmmix and/or the NetBSD API does
> > wrong?  If you mean the boneheaded stateful API, I agree with you that
> > *that* is broken.
>=20
> What exactly is your complaint about the audio(4) API?

I think he refers to dev/ic/ac97.c revision 1.49.  I've already said
everything I could say about it, now if anyone want to change it, I
really wouldn't mind, but until someone comes up with something that
doesn't break up/down OSS applications, it will still be more broken
than this solution, sorry.

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--