Subject: Re: NetBSD, apple fibre-channel card & 2.8TB Xserve-RAID
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/09/2004 18:28:48
> [...] I did a very quick audit of the FFS code and found what looks
> like a serious truncation problem.  Attached is a diff that I think
> will fix it.

This fix actually does not fix my problem at all.  Looking at the
greater context, this is not surprising, because this function is
called only when new blocks are being allocated.  My problem strikes
when reading existing, valid (per fsck), on-disk data structures.

I'm going to take my own look at the code paths in question and see
what I can see; for something like this, more eyes means a better
chance of finding it....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign