Subject: Re: uhci failure
To: None <martin@duskware.de>
From: List Mail User <track@Plectere.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/25/2004 04:27:20
	Martin,

	I'll try to dig up what I ferreted out a couple of months
ago.  I remember having to collect the documents from several
vendor sites (I was pointed at a list of locations by a helpful
Pharos Engineer), all with partial information, but enough in total.

	You could always just call Prolific directly and/or
check their web site.  I think they have some ap-notes
which require a "password" to download - so I never bothered;
But specifically, I think, there are ap-notes for "migrating"
from the  PL2303 to the PL2303X, this is a good starting point.
(There are also both PL2303H and PL2303HX versions, too).

e.g. under http://www.prolific.com.tw
http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/Products.asp?ID=59
http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/Products.asp?ID=21
http://tech.prolific.com.tw/
http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/fcabdl.asp?fid=26854080
http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/fcabdl.asp?fid=27931828
http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/fcabdl.asp?fid=26483700

and also all the "FAQ"s hidden under (no "direct" URLs)
http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/faqBrw.asp - (pick USB1.1
and select the various PL2303?? documents)

	Though definitely, I have some "Prolific" documents
I downloaded from a customer site, which Pharos directed me
to.  They are "somewhere", printed out, and on some shelf or
in a a drawer, I think;) (No, its not Pharos' site and the
sites are written on a well-lost 3 by 5 card with the name
and telephone number of the engineer who "developed" the
MS-specific version of the GPS product - different USB IDs
than the "standard" product.)

	Paul Shupak
	track@plectere.com

P.S.  I think the changes between the different chips are
mainly in how (or if) they deal deal with flow control.