Subject: Re: Unicode support in iso9660.
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/22/2004 21:09:56
--=-=-=

der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> writes:

> I for one am not prepared to throw that installed base away.

You are argueing for continued disorder, for us that already live in multi
encoding in the same filesystem its a constant pain. Choosing one encoding
that is prefered and supported in the system is a step toward order and
sane-ness.

Give that the world seems to have choicen utf8, lets go there and provide
tools to unbreak filename (and not making decoding failure fatal).

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--