Subject: Re: Unicode support in iso9660.
To: Vsevolod Stakhov <cebka@jet.msk.su>
From: MINOURA Makoto <makoto@hauN.ORG>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/15/2004 23:27:54
|> In <20041114021626.GA4414@unona.kuzminki.ru>
|>  Vsevolod Stakhov <cebka@jet.msk.su> wrote:

> but till nowadays there is no support for this. In freebsd, for example,
> this ability appears in 2003 year, and I consider it very comfortable.
> So my question is why iconv interface didn't appear in NetBSD?

IMHO multilingualization support of pathnames is not such
easy; we support many kind of filesystems, including UFS
family (on which we can happily use non-ascii pathnames
since it leaves interpretation of them to the userland) and
ISO9660 (which uses Unicode and currently we can use ascii
only).  We need much more discussion of the framework before
implementing a filesystem-specific pathname conversion
support (I think Citrus guys have their opinions).

--
Minoura Makoto <makoto@hauN.org>