Subject: Re: mfs on netbsd
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/04/2004 17:02:52
--- Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 05:58:28PM -0800, Srinivasa Kanduru wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was trying to build a memory-based  filesystem and encountered certain
> > issues. I thought of bringing it to the notice of the group.
>
> While the patches you gave are nice, you didn't actually describe what
> issues you encountered. As such, we can't evaluate the fixes you offer.

I piggy-backed the filesystem after kernel and when it was time to load init,
the
 kernel wasn't able to locate init in the filesystem.

I think lookup succeeded as rootdir was set correctly for the process, but when
it came
to load init, vn_rdwr couldn't really pass on the request to mfs strategy.

> As to mfs being tested, it is in daily use in a number of NetBSD
> instalations.

I am sure there are. I was a little confused reading the code. Maybe I didn't
understand something, so I sought clarification.

> Take care,
>
> Bill

Regards,
Srinivas.