Subject: Re: FIONWRITE proposal
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/13/2004 21:00:10
--Apple-Mail-11--839874174

On Oct 13, 2004, at 6:24 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> Yes, you are right; but then it should be called something else because
> there is already prior art for FIONWRITE with the semantics proposed.

Ah, what OS?  Maybe we need it for emulation anyway :-)

In any case, because there is prior art, it's clear that the proposed
semantics are at least somewhat useful to application writers... why is
it so awful for it to go in?

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>

--Apple-Mail-11--839874174
	name=PGP.sig