Subject: Re: Trouble with wi(4) and ELSA AirLancer MC-11
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/04/2004 10:59:06
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:14:54 -0600 (MDT)
"M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> : > wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: ELSA, AirLancer MC-11, Version 01.01
[...]
> If it isn't that, it may be the case that ELSA changed its chipset
> away from prism.  There have been a lot of people that have done that
> (changed the card w/o changing the name).
This is a PRISM card. I got wi(4) to attach using an old 486 PeeCee
and an ISA PCMCIA bridge. But I got strange timeouts and stray
interrupts from wi(4) and wiconfig(8), most likely because of interrupt
routing troble with this ISA PCMCIA bridge. But the target is still a
Sun Ultra5 with 32 bit NetBSD-2.0 kernel, where ISA is unavailable.

Also: I borrowed a WLAN PCMCIA card (some Acer labeled OEM thing) from
work and it shows the exact same results as the ELSA card.

Meanwhile I ePayed an other PCI CardBus / PCMCIA bridge including an
other PRISM card. They are still on the way to me, so no chance to test
this stuff.

I still hope it is the bridge hardware, not the PCMCIA code.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen