Subject: Re: [OT] Survey about FS/OS developers
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/11/2004 07:55:25
On Aug 11, 2004, at 7:48 AM, Ian Zagorskih wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 August 2004 20:46, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
>> On Wednesday 11 August 2004 20:58, Frauke Lehmann wrote:
>>> Sorry for any cross-posting!
>>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> My name is Frauke Lehmann and I'm writing my master thesis about the
>>> social formation of free software/open source (FS/OS) developers. A
>>> questionnaire is one part of my research - besides interviews and
>>> observations.
>>
>> Maybe i'm getting it wrong but queez about "File System/Operating
>> System
>> developers and their place in the society" mmmm.. It sounds quite
>> original
>> :) Or what OS/FS do mean ?
>>

>  Sorry for stupid question, just found "free software/open source".
> Maybe it
> should be started with capital letters :)

Maybe it shouldn't be on 'tech-kern' which is completely the wrong
place for it.  It should also be noted that I've seen fairly regular
occurences of "students wanting to survey FS/OS developers for their
masters thesis" in the last few months.  Maybe it's a new way of
harvesting email addresses?  Or maybe this is the latest fashion in
Masters Theses...