Subject: mount_nfs, ISO and PR bin/1472
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2004 08:20:18
Over a year ago I tried to fold that PR in but the option letter was
already being used.  Well, not exactly used since it was in an #ifdef
and there was no mention of the option letter 'S' in the getopt call so
even if ISO was defined it would never be used.  The question I had then
and still have is can we just rip out the ISO code since it was never
used anyway (imagine the bitrot) and just go ahead and complete 1472.
Of course, I could use a different option letter for the port ('C' for
connection?  Every other obvious one is used.) but it seems silly to
waste letters on code that will never be called.

Can anyone see any reason to keep the ISO code in there?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/