Subject: Re: NetBSD+=TCFS, how to use generic FS layer system?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@carolina.rr.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/02/2004 14:09:22
In message <E1BVLdq-0003nx-00@smeg.dsg.stanford.edu>, Jonathan Stone writes:
>What're the pros and cons of using TCFS, versus reworking Erez Zadok's
>FiST templates to work with NetBSD 2.x (the FiST distribution has
>FreeBSD 4.x stackable-filesystem templates) and using FiST's cryptfs?

I started on both and quickly realized that FiST was quite a bit more work
than TCFS.  Nullfs is much smaller now then when FiST was written, and thus
it seemed very redundant.  However, I planned on using what I learned
with TCFS to give me some miniscule hope of being able to port FiST.

However, if anyone else wants to work on it, be my guest.
Email me and I'll share what I've got so far porting to NetBSD-1.6.2.