Subject: Re: NetGear MA401RD ?
To: Richard Braun <syn@sceen.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/18/2004 21:20:59
At 20:18 Uhr +0200 18.5.2004, Richard Braun wrote:
>My old NetGear MA401RA card no longer works and I was able to buy a
>new one (thought it's quite hard to find them now). But the wi driver
>doesn't handle it correctly... I noticed at the back of the card that
>it is revision d and I also noticed the previous one I had was seen
>as MA401RA. First question : does RA means revision a ? Next one :
>should a new entry be created for these cards ?
>
>I'll try to upgrade the firmware to see if it solves out my problems.
>
>If anyone has other valuable infos about NetGear MA401 cards, I'd be
>glad to hear them :-).

I've got a Netgear labeled "MA 401 Rev. D" and bought six months ago that
shows up as

wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: NETGEAR MA401RA Wireless PC, Card,
ISL37300PEval-RevA
wi0: 802.11 address 00:09:5b:54:f1:e5
wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3873B(PCMCIA)
wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary (1.1.1), Station (1.7.4)
wi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

in a Sparcstation 10 and works fine (unless you do an "ifconfig wi0 media
DS11", see PR #25604).

I notice that it has a sort-of-bulky antenna case, not the flat one that
the pictures of MA401 cards on ebay usually have.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email