Subject: LKM on Cobalt Qube2 (missing /dev/lkm)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Jowell, Chris {GGRP~Graz} <chris.jowell@Roche.COM>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/18/2004 14:24:30
Hi,

I'm trying to get loadable kernel modules working for the Cobalt Qube2 =
(MIPS) port.

I've run into the problem that the /dev/lkm is not made.

Also /dev/MAKEDEV does not know about LKM.
I looked at the MAN page for MAKEDEV and it specifically mentions LKM.

I googled around and found someone with the same problem with a Sun3 =
system.
He had a patch for the Sun3 MAKDEV script which basically was this

+ lkm)
+ 	rm -f lkm
+ 	mknod lkm c 72 0
+ 	chown root.kmem lkm
+ 	chmod 640 lkm

I tried this on my Qube2 and the error during boot changed from=20

'Mppe.o: modload: /dev/lkm: No such file or directory'

To=20

'Mppe.o: modload: /dev/lkm: Device not configured'

I haven't found out much about this problem

Has anyone run into this before or know what I should do?

Does anyone know if those mknod arguments are the correct ones for the =
cobalt port?

Thanks
Christopher Jowell
Roche Diagnostics GmbH