Subject: Re: new printer port support?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2004 22:30:19
On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 06:45:55PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> Say, there used to be some -current activity concerned with "advanced"
> parallel printing with DMA and such.  Is it very stable?  Is it faster
> than the old?  Does the GENERIC kernel use it?

It can't print to some printers the old lpt-to-isa attachment could,
even when set to what are theoretically the same settings.  Why, I'm
not sure -- it looks like the last FIFO full of data never gets sent
out; the first bit of the input prints, but not the last, and the
process with the device open hangs while the CPU pegs at 100%.