Subject: Re: kernel map entry merging and PR 24039
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/04/2004 16:40:01
--Apple-Mail-19-997637860

On Feb 4, 2004, at 4:35 PM, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> how do you know 16 or so is enough?

It's just a guess.  What I'm assuming is that if you start with 16, and
try to never let that drop below 8 (allocating more if you do), then
you'll "never" run out.  If you do, well, panic, for now, I guess.

I'm just trying to offer suggestions that might lead to a better fix
than simply disabling map entry merging for kernel maps.

--Apple-Mail-19-997637860
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-19-997637860--