Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Queries about bus_space (MIPS: TX49)
To: Anand Lalgondar <solarflares@fastmail.fm>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/03/2004 17:05:17
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:38:22 +0530
"Anand Lalgondar" <solarflares@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> something like the below in the 'mainbus' driver:
You may need to call this earlyer, perhaps right after you enabled the
MMU, to make the console driver work. (E.g. if you have a 16C550 UART
style com console and call comcnattach().) But this depends very much on
your hardware and even the firmware, if you have a well working firmware
console.

> Now if I have to support a PCMCIA protocol which supports three
> address space(attribute, memory and I/O each of 64MB) then I have
> create three new tags to access the individual addresses. ??
Maybe. This is very speciffic to your hardware and how you handle
bus_space(9). I don't know PCMCIA, but "attribute" sounds more like
somthing like the PCI configuration space. In that case this
configuration space is a very special property of the PCI bus and it is
not handled by bus_space(9), but pci(9).
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen