Subject: Re: switch to two-argument KASSERT?
To: None <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/15/2004 13:13:06
In article <20040114050458.GA20584@che.ojctech.com> you write:
>like to see our one-argument KASSERT change to a two-argument KASSERT
>similar to FreeBSD's. The second argument is a message that describes
>what went wrong.

I think a two-argument version would be good, if only because it makes it
easy to add printing of the values that triggered the assertion failure.  On
the other hand, I think something equivalent to the current KASSERT should
be kept, since it's easier to use, and making it easy to add random
assertions (even if they do turn out a bit cryptic) is important.  I'd kind
of prefer it if the current KASSERT kept its name, just to minimise thrash
in the source tree and keep old patches valid.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>