Subject: Re: Header placement for source compatibility
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/04/2004 13:08:04
Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Any suggestions? The best I've heard so far was from Perry -- Put it in
> sys/videoio.h, create /usr/include/linux, and make
> /usr/include/linux/videodev.h a symlink to /usr/include/sys/videoio.h

I prefer the <sys/videoio.h> location, modifying the apps to use
either <sys/videoio.h> or <linux/videoio.h>, and talking with the
v4l people to switch to <sys/..> as the preferred location.
<linux/videoio.h> is just not appropriate on non-Linux system.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-