Subject: Re: fpa(4) is broken on sparc64
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/27/2003 12:24:16
On Nov 27, 2003, at 8:32 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On 2003.11.27 11:36 Martin Husemann wrote:
>
>> Could you try compiling with options DEFPA_IOMAPED and tell us,
>> if that makes a difference?
> No difference:
> # ifconfig fpa0 192.168.1.14
> fpa0: Unsolicited Event: Station: Unknown Event #0
> fpa0: Unsolicited Event: Station: Unknown Event #0

I wouldn't expect it to make a difference.  It's as if the sparc64
is swapping the longwords in the DMA transaction.  But since you
got the attach lines (and those use DMA) then it seems DMA is working
properly.

Can you compile it with PDQVERBOSE?
--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com