Subject: Re: SIGTRAP for traced processes and COMPAT_MACH
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/27/2003 03:36:58
> If [Darwin] does deliver exceptions even for blocked signals, TRT is
> just unmask all these signals for process/LWP running under the
> emulation.  This way postsig() et.al. works without further special
> efford, and the Unix semantics is preserved for rest of kernel.

> Opinions?

If you mean to unmask them and leave them that way, it seems to me that
that will break signal semantics for Darwin emulation (since presumably
Darwin won't deliver the signal when it's sent as a signal, eg with
whatever Darwin's kill(2)-alike is).

Unless Darwin _will_ deliver signals correspnoding to exceptions
despite their being masked, which probably should also be tested for
while testing exception delivery as above.  (I'd try it myself except
that AFAIK I have no Darwin access to try it on.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign