Subject: Re: SIGTRAP for traced processes and COMPAT_MACH
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@NetBSD.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/27/2003 09:26:10
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> I have no idea yet of what happens with SIGIO, but I guess we'll run
> into the same problem: calling the usaual signal code path is
> unappropriate since it will filter out exceptions when the signal mask
> filter the signal.

I'd propose to first confirm that Darwin/MacOSX really delivers the
exception even when the appropriate signal is blocked. If no, end
of story and we don't need to do anything special.

If it does deliver exceptions even for blocked signals, TRT is
just unmask all these signals for process/LWP running under
the emulation. This way postsig() et.al. works without
further special efford, and the Unix semantics is preserved
for rest of kernel.

Opinions?

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-