Subject: Re: restrict keyword support at kernel-level?
To: madhvesh <madhvesh.s@ap.sony.com>
From: mouss <usebsd@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/23/2003 22:37:02
The absence of restrict causes some optimizations to be avoided, it
doesn't cause the compiler to put pointers where it shouldn't.
If a bad thing happens, then it's a bug without or without restrict.
For instance, if the kernel code writes at random places when we call
accept(fd, &name, &namelen), then it's just a bug.