Subject: SATA support inside netBSD
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Krishna Ramanathan <kumar_ramanathan@yahoo.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/17/2003 01:47:46
Hello All,
I have a A7N8X-X (not delux) motherboard, from ASUS.
From what i see and read, it has no support for SATA,
no controllers on board, no bios support.
Would I be able to access a SATA HDD using a PCI SATA
adapter ? IMHO, I think I should be able to.. but I
figured I'd let the more knowledgible decide...
Also, to what extent has SATA support inside NetBSD
1.6.1 been cooked ? I read some postings about some
adapters not being supported. Do shed some light on
this.

thanks in advance,
Kumar