Subject: Re: Dynamic registry of ehternet frame types
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/2003 11:07:52
On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 07:47:10AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Yes.  I would actually like to see the entire input path use
> dynamically-registered handlers, and eliminate that big switch
> statement entirely.

It might also be nice to have handlers register per-interface (with
default for all interfaces, of course).

Other work needs to be done to allow, say, separate IP stacks/address
spaces per interface, but even at this point it seems feasible
that you have a machine with different pppoe mutants on each
interface. Or that you want to tunnel/bridge a particular frame
type on one interface, and process/route it on another.

--
Dan.