Subject: Re: disklabel(8) and machdep on-disk structures issues
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/10/2003 19:40:30
At 11:02 Uhr +1100 10.11.2003, Luke Mewburn wrote:
>Or are there some platforms which always fake up the incore NetBSD
>disklabel from the "native" partition map at boot, and don't actually
>have a copy of the NetBSD partition map stored on the disk?

mac68k, since we boot from a MacOS booter application. The port can access
NetBSD labeled disks but cannot boot from such a disk.

I don't know whether the native partition map could be wrapped in a NetBSD
disklabel - Bob Nestor or Bill Studenmund can probably answer that with
more authority.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign