Subject: Re: New wsdisplay for playstation2
To: None <al004046@anubis.uji.es>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/01/2003 00:43:31
In article <y59k76pxolb.fsf@anubis.uji.es>
al004046@anubis.uji.es wrote:

> I faced another problem. I need some interrupt code to upload the
> screen memory to the framebuffer, but that fails miserably when
> entering ddb. Is there any way to leave an interrupt running even when
> ddb is entered?

I think all interrupts are disabled on ddb prompt.

I'm not sure how this should be handled, but
I guess you have to prepare special cnputc() function
(which will be enabled by cnpoll()) that kicks DMA transfer
manually to upload framebuffer on each character output.

> Finally, I don't know if the attach/cninit code is right.

If gsfb_init() is called in gsfbcninit(), maybe gsfb_attach() doesn't
have to call gsfb_init() again.
(see sys/dev/tc/sfb.c and sys/arch/dreamcast/dev/pvr.c etc.)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp