Subject: Re: Wskbd
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: anand lalgondar <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/2003 10:26:28
Hello,

Is this possible: Redirecting the output of either the USB Keyboard or the
wskbd driver to the serial port Which is acting as console instead of
wsdisplay.

I have this structure declared in my machine dependent driver program:
/*
* Routines to use a txsio as a console.
*/

static struct consdev txsio_cons = {
	NULL, NULL, txsio_cngetc, txsio_cnputc, txsio_cnpollc, NULL, NODEV,
	     CN_NORMAL
};

How can I mention the USB Keyboard/wskbd driver code to pass the decode
ascii value to these functions.

I assume any keyboard input data will be streamed in both noncanonical and
canonical form.
             Non-canonical - For the text console
             Canonical       - For the shell to accept it as commands.
So with this in mind, if I redirect the output directly to the serial
driver, then it simply displays it as character.

Well I have this structure also in my driver. Can I use this to overcome the
above mentioned issue in any way:
const struct cdevsw txsio_cdevsw = {
	txsioopen, txsioclose, txsioread, txsiowrite, txsioioctl,
	txsiostop, txsiotty, txsiopoll, nommap, ttykqfilter, D_TTY
};

Thank you.

Anand Lalgondar

Dress up your desktop! Get the best wallpapers.
http://server1.msn.co.in/msnchannels/Entertainment/wallpaperhome.asp Just
click here!