Subject: Re: crypto framework and dmover?
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/28/2003 18:50:42
On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 05:56  PM, Matt Thomas wrote:

> How does, if at all, the new crypto framework and the dmover framework
> interact/intersect?

They don't, really.  And that's okay, in my opinion.

I would, however, really like to see "crypto" be a more generic
"transformation" framework, that could e.g. handle things like MPEG
encode/decode, etc.  I would also like the crypto framework to use a
dmover-like scheduling engine and algorithm looking mechanism (using
strings).

But all those changes can (and will) be made later.