Subject: Re: RFC: g/c fuibyte(),fuiword(),suibyte(),suiword() ?
To: None <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/27/2003 19:24:58
At Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:44:07 +0000 (UTC), "Jaromir Dolecek" wrote:
> If they should be kept, can someone provide me with information
> what those functions are supposed to do, so that the fetch(9)
> and store(9) manpages could be updated?

they're like the non-'i' variants of similar name, but operate on
'i'nstructions (i.e., code that you're likely to execute).

IIRC -- and i wasn't around that long ago 8-) -- they date back to the
time of separate I and D spaces, i.e., they operated on the
instruction space.

They should make sure the result of their operation is properly
executable (i.e., flush icache if necessary after store).

cgd