Subject: RFC: g/c fuibyte(),fuiword(),suibyte(),suiword() ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/27/2003 16:43:47
Hi,
I noticed fuibyte(), fuiword(), suibyte(), suiword() functions don't appear
to not be used anymore. Only some architectures still provide them
(like alpha, acorn26, sparc), as alias for fubyte/fuword/subyte/suword.

The only usages I can find are some remaining fuiword()/suiword() calls
in some src/sys/arch/mips/mips/*. The mips/copy.S defines fuiword()
as alias for fuword(). mips suiword() is different to suword()
tho, it flushes I$ after the store.

So my question is - do we want to keep these interfaces, or should
the [fs]ui{byte,word} functions be completely purged?

If they should be kept, can someone provide me with information
what those functions are supposed to do, so that the fetch(9)
and store(9) manpages could be updated?

Thanks,

Jaromir