Subject: Re: Supermicro Motherboard IDE Errors
To: Felix Deichmann <fdei@fdei.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/18/2003 20:57:35
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Felix Deichmann wrote:

> > These sound like disk problems to me.. the disk can't read some blocks.
>
> My IBM drive showed the same problems/errors before it died a month
> later or so. I got the same drive as a replacement (warranty), but now
> (after few months) the new drive also begins to fail.

I've seen these errors on four different pairs of drives. Two pairs had
been in service for something approaching a year, but two other pairs
were brand new. As well, we use very similar models of drives (the same
except for the size) in several other machines without having seen any
problems at all. This leads me to believe that this is not really a
problem with the drives.

cjs