Subject: Re: fsync performance hit on 1.6.1
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/09/2003 20:43:01
Christoph Hellwig writes:

>I know that certain folks here like bashing Linux, but it might help
>to looks at the facts before posting that bogus claims.  Also remember

I do not bash lignux, I state facts.  I asked in 1996 when the missing
functionality was to be implemented and got told along the lines that
it will take at least a few months still because it couldn't be fitted
into the then current VM architecture easily.  Last time I looked (2.4
kernel of 2002 or so) it still wasn't available.  Maybe that has
miraculously changed in the meantime.  But who cares, this is not a
lignux mailing list.

--
  Matthias Buelow;  mkb@{mukappabeta.de,informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de}