Subject: Re: libpthread
To: <>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2003 20:26:53
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:00:37 +0000 (UTC)
"William Henny" <willhenny@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That's nice. Nevertheless, I think it has been established that a 1:1
> implementation can in fact achieve more than 'good enough' scalability
> at a much lower cost in terms of implementation complexity. _That's_
> the real issue.

	The real issue is that this sort of argument is apparently several
years too late. Now, I won't claim to have any great understanding of
the situation, but seeing the recent patches and new interest on the
list, I don't think there's any indication that the potentially
additional complexity is anything but surmountable with a little bit of
work. Those who want 1:1 should probably put up (some code) or shut up.

-Steve