Subject: Re: config(8) and defopt
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/25/2003 18:50:29
Ian Fry wrote:

> Wouldn't this prevent a config built from -current from being able to
> configure a kernel from, say, the 1.6 branch?
>
> In fact, I think this may already be true - the last time I tried
> building a 1.6 kernel with tools built from -current, the configure step
> failed.  I'll have to try again, as this may have been fixed in the
> meantime.

Yah, it already failes using -current config on a 1.6 branch source
tree:

thoreau 4084> pwd
/NetBSD/src16/sys/arch/i386/conf
thoreau 4085> /NetBSD/tools/bin/nbconfig GENERIC
../../../../conf/files:228: option `IPKDB' dependency `IPKDBKEY' is an unknown option

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/