Subject: Re: Still seeing problems with "time cmd"
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/30/2003 19:17:01
> > > David, time for another scan over the time gathering code I think...
> >
> > Are you running ntp?
> Yes.

NTP can fiddle with the system time, anythime that is actually set
will destroy the cpu time of teh active process.

Really the 'time since boot' and ' time of boot' need to be kept separate
so that the former increases monatonicaly (but not, necessarly, strictly so).
Changing the system time would affect the 'time of boot' part ofthesum.

> > Is this i386?
>
> No, it's an ARM-based cats board.

Sorry I don't have an ARM board!
I suspect that more care needs to go into the timer/counter code..

> > Is the system running the cycle-counter based microtime?
> >

> What's that?  How do I tell?

That was assuming it was i386.....

	David

--