Subject: Re: Adding kernel code to libkern
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/2003 18:00:30
> > The code I'm actually looking at is that which finds the netbsd disklabel
> > on a disk with an MBR (eg most i386 disks).  It also generates a label
> > from the MBR itself if the disk doesn't contain one in a NetBSD partition.
>
> based on what it is, i'd say that it belongs in a separate kernel
> library (that could contain other disklabel stuff as well).  Really,
> all the disklable-grovelling code belongs in a library of its own,
> accessable on all ports, IMO.

It doesn't need to be a library - just a common file.
I've moved it inmy source tree - but can't change/test all the ports :-(

There seem to be 16 ports that use mbr disks (and all the others might
see one - especially with USB disks and other interchange media.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk