Subject: Adding kernel code to libkern
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/2003 09:24:21
I would like to add some kernel code into libkern so that it is
available to any ports that reference it, and to the standalone/boot code.

However this seems to be a departure from current practise where libkern
only contains C support routines (like memcpy and the 64bit integer support).

Is there a problem doing this?
Does anyone have a better idea?

The code I'm actually looking at is that which finds the netbsd disklabel
on a disk with an MBR (eg most i386 disks).  It also generates a label
from the MBR itself if the disk doesn't contain one in a NetBSD partition.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk