Subject: Re: is there an sshfs for NetBSD ?
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Kamal R Prasad <kamalrpr@in.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/2003 11:32:11
Kamal R. Prasad
AIX Support & Test, IBM India Software Labs
Golden Enclave, Airport Road, Bangalore-560017, India
Phone : +91-80-5094963,  Internal Ext   : 2963

>On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:22:12AM +0530, Kamal R Prasad wrote:
>That doesn't make any sense at all.  How would a cryptographic filesystem
>have helped any more than simply changing the permissions on the
>binaries so that they were executable but not readable?

The kernel will have a key to decrypt binaries that are loaded from hard
disk. so copying the encrypted binaries on another unix box will not allow
them to be used.
It did make sense to the developers -but I was not closely involved with
it and maybe cannot explain it to you properly.

regards
-kamal