Subject: Re: resize_ffs (was: Re: JFS)
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/27/2003 11:42:59
--V4b9U9vrdWczvw78

On Tuesday, 25 February 2003 at 11:07:06 -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 05:26:24PM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>
>> I suspect that the FS has to be unmounted to be resized?
>
> Yah, I think that applies with the FreeBSD growfs, too.

That's correct, currently.  The intention is to be able to do it on a
mounted file system, but I don't see that happening soon.

Greg
Please note: we block mail from major spammers, notably yahoo.com.
See http://www.lemis.com/yahoospam.html for further details.

--V4b9U9vrdWczvw78

--V4b9U9vrdWczvw78--