Subject: Re: resize_ffs (was: Re: JFS)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/26/2003 14:18:22
> I don't know if there actually is an fsck_xfs, so using the journal
> is important. :-)

There is and there isn't.  Back when I worked with IRIX, it didn't come
with any XFS fsck-alike "because you don't need it with xfs".

Well, as I'm sure you all know, there are ways other than crashes to
damage file systems, and some of them can damage XFS filesystems.  One
of those happened to us, once, and upon getting sufficiently upset at
SGI, they coughed up an XFS fsck.

Presumably other XFS implementations will have one, if only for the
sake of sanity.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign