Subject: /netbsd: cron (pid ...) changing logname...
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/18/2003 13:39:10
I've noticed that kern_prot.c now syslogs when logname gets changed, however, it
does so without adding a newline to the end of the line. Hence, dmesg looks
like:
cron (pid 26265) changing logname from crazie to root<4>cron (pid 26266) changing logname from root to crazie<4>cron (pid 13347) changing logname from crazie to root<4>cron (pid 13348) changing logname from root to crazie<4>cron (pid 13567) changing logname from crazie to root<4>cron (pid 13756) changing logname from root to crazie<4>cron (pid 14053) changing logname from crazie to root
(long line there was intentional - the actual line from dmesg is 4 times that
long.)

The fix is simple enough, just add a \n in the appropriate place in
sys/kern/kern_prot.c. Should I send a PR with a patch?

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!